Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Current Craving...





I just thought I would quick jot down my latest craving when hunger pangs strike....Hummus.

I can't seem to get enough of it lately, and am finding all sorts of ways to incorporate it into my meals on a daily basis. It is so easy to prepare and I always have the ingredients on hand to prepare this simple, but healthy snack. My latest creation for lunch is an incredible veggie wrap. Today, I smeared a whole wheat tortilla with hummus, drizzled on honey from our local Farmers Market, added spinach and thinly sliced carrots for a perfect meal to get me through the rest of my crazy afternoon.

Following, is my recipe for Hummus, but feel free to tweak it just for you!

1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained
2-3 tbsp. tahini (sesame paste)
3-4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
2-3 tbsp. warm water
2-3 tbsp. olive oil

Blend in food processor, and voila, you are ready for healthy snacking! I drizzle a bit more olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika when making this for guests. Serve with pita triangles.

No comments: